The staff of the Museum of Money History continues to prepare a new temporary exhibition. It will be dedicated to the 75th anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War and will be traditionally held in the halls of the Stock Capital House.
The Stock Capital House of the Peter and Paul Fortress is a two-storey rectangular building made of red bricks, which is located opposite the entrance to the main exposition of the museum. The tall windows are protected by reliable grids, and massive iron doors lead inside - above them you can easily read the inscription: "Storage of funds of the State Bank. 1843". Indeed, the building originally served "to store the monetary fund in the form of a bell of coins and ingots of precious metals, which provided state credit tickets". In 1839 - 1843 Russia carried out a large-scale monetary reform, during which outdated and depreciated allocations were replaced by credit tickets and introduced silver monometallism. Ingots, coins and valuables, which provided new money, were now stored here in the House of Stock Capital of the Peter and Paul Fortress.
This building was built in 1843 - 1844 by the architect of the Ministry of Finance Anton Kutsi. He built and rebuilt several other buildings for the financial department on the territory of the Peter and Paul Fortress and even planned a part of the Alexander Park along Kamennoostrovsky Prospect. The House of Stock Capital was built on the corner of the prisoner's garden of the fortress. Three years later the building was fenced with a metal lattice, which to this day surrounds the territory of the Museum of the History of Money. In 1882, the Ministry of Finance handed the building over to another agency, the Ministry of the Imperial Court, and until 1917 it housed valuables from the Winter Palace. After the revolution, the building was transferred to the Petrograd - Leningrad Mint, which also worked on the territory of the fortress.
The appearance that the Capital Funds House has today developed after 1906, when according to the design of court architect Arseny Pronin, plaster was struck from the walls, leaving a red brickwork, and one row of windows was laid.
The Stock Capital House is still under the jurisdiction of Goznak. In 2010 the building was opened after three years of restoration. Now it is home to the exhibition halls of the Russian money Museum of Goznak, where temporary exhibitions have been held since 2017. Since 2018, the Stock Capital House also hosts the international conferences "Money in Russian history. Issues of production, circulation, everyday life".